Thermal imaging, also called infrared or IR imaging, can have a host of benefits for commercial properties:
- Savings. The biggest benefit to having IR imaging done is that every $1 spent on electrical preventative maintenance can save you $4 down the road in unforeseen failures of your electrical distribution system.
- Convenience. IR imaging requires zero downtime for your facility. IR relies on load being present; that is to say that the equipment needs to be running in order to get a proper image.
- Peace of mind. You’ll be able to continue production knowing that your system can handle the demands of your facility.
What Can We Test?
At Sun Solar & Electrical, we are able to test all your major electrical components, up to and including:
- Incoming main disconnect
- MCC (motor control center) and switchgear
- Electrical panels
- Fused and non-fused disconnects
- VFDs (variable frequency drive)
- Motors and motor starters
- Voltages of 120/240, 120/208, 277/480, 347/600
What Are We Looking For?
IR Imaging allows us to detect “hotspots” in your electrical distribution system. These hotspots can be caused by a number of factors:
- Worn or broken breakers
- Loose connections in your electrical panel
- Loose connections in your electrical distribution system
- Loose connections in plug and switch outlets
- Worn or obsolete electrical equipment
- Worn motor bearings
- Overloaded circuits
- Undersized breakers
- Worn out or weak fuses
- Wrong equipment used
Our certified electricians will also perform a visual inspections on all electrical equipment for any visible damage, code infractions, or other such issues.
Once the Thermal Imaging is complete, a report will be generated at our office and will include pictures and IR images, as well as detailed information on your equipment. You will also receive a list of the repairs made on the specific pieces of equipment with before-and-after pictures. We will then deliver it to you and go over the information within the report in detail.
The Sun Solar & Electrical Advantage
Most IR imaging firms will send salespeople with minimal training to do your scans. With Sun Solar & Electrical, you get a certified journeyperson electrician who understands what they’re looking for, and when to take a closer look.
Discover the savings opportunities that IR imaging can reveal – ask for your quote today.