Home Automation System Installation
Smart home systems aren’t just the next big thing – they present a great opportunity for you to save time and money, and get more control over your home.
But to get full value, you need to choose the right system, components, and ensure you have the right home automation system installers on your side.
That’s where Sun Solar and Electrical come in. We are fully qualified electricians with experience in wiring homes and businesses all over the Calgary area.
How our hassle-free process works:
- Consult with a Sun Solar and Electrical electrician, and discuss your needs.
- We’ll provide you with some options, outlining the pros and cons of each.
- You make an informed decision on what home automation system you’d like.
- We provide you with a full price quote – including labour – for you to approve.
It’s as easy as that! There are no hard sell tactics or mystery fees, and you can take your time to review the quote. It’s all part of our friendly, professional quoting process that keeps your family’s needs as the #1 priority.
Home Automation System Installation Benefits
Smart systems offer so many advantages that you’ll wonder how you got by without them. Home automation is proven to save you money and energy.
Imagine the convenience:
- No need to operate things by hand – just ask!
- Never fuss with keys or get locked out again.
- Schedule lights to come on or shut off to match your daily habits.
- Schedule your window blinds to open and close in the morning and evening.
- Program lights to activate when someone’s in the room.
- Group lights and dimmer levels to favourite settings for different activities.
- Dramatically reduce the amount of cleaning you do with a robot vacuum that follows the path you set.
You’ll spend more time on the things that matter to you.
Most of us waste energy bit by bit, without even knowing.
- Connect sensors to lights and temperature settings to avoid wasting energy on rooms you’re not using.
- Open and close window blinds on different sides of your house to help control temperature naturally.
- Use reports to get insights on how your family is using home energy, and make adjustments to save.
Improve Safety and Security
Stop worrying and start knowing what’s really happening in your home.
- Know who’s at your front door before you open it.
- Make it look like you’re home even when you’re away.
- Prevent damage to your home with automatic water leak detection systems.
- Get alerts from smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms on your phone.
- Sensors can detect intruders as soon as they break open a window or door, and cameras can record every move they make – and send the footage to your phone.
Some insurance providers will help pay for home automation systems. Be sure to check with your provider.
Things to Consider When Purchasing a Home Automation System
Deciding if these things are “wants” or “needs” can help you balance pricing and features.
- Do you need voice control, or are touch panels and/or smartphone remote control enough for your needs?
- Do you want to build a full-featured system at once, or are you happy starting small and expanding over time?
- Do you need a separate professional security monitoring service?
- Do you already have a favourite voice assistant, like Siri, Alexa, or Google Assistant?
- Who should be allowed to have control over what parts of the system? For example, you may want to allow your kids to have control over the lights,
- but not the temperature.
Whatever your needs, we’ll help you decide on a reliable system that meets your needs.
One of our Favourite Home Automation Systems
We work with a variety of systems, but so far our favourite is Caséta by Lutron. This system can communicate with other smart home devices and apps including Sonos home audio and lighting, Nest, Serena electric blinds, Hunter ceiling fans, SmartThings, Stringify, IFTTT (If This Then That)…there’s a huge list of products that work with Caséta seamlessly.
One of the things we like most about Caséta is its reliability: it’s virtually interference-free and will keep working even when your wireless goes down.
Calgary’s Complete Home Automation System Installers
Sun Solar and Electrical are dedicated to providing solutions that help you enjoy your home more. We provide a satisfaction guarantee – if you’re not happy, then we’re not done. Read all about our guarantee >
Call us to learn more: 403-214-8888 or ask for a quote by email.