Our mission: to help Calgary live and work better by providing energy-saving solutions, strategic advice about power, and worry-free electrical repairs and installations.
Why Choose Sun Solar & Electrical
At Sun Solar & Electrical, we know you want to do things better – and save money doing it – because we do too.
Whether you’re a business or a homeowner, here’s why you should choose us:
- You’ll get energy-saving electrical solutions that provide a great return on investment.
- You’ll get excellent advice about when to repair or replace power systems and equipment – before costly failures occur or safety hazards created.
- We provide full price quotes in advance. Read all about how our rates work and other frequently asked questions >
- Your consultant is always a certified journeyperson electrician who is able to understand the tests they perform, read the results correctly, and provide options right on the spot. Our competitors cost more in time and money because they send separate people to do tests and to carry out the work.
- You get the friendly, professional treatment you deserve. We take pride in delivering old-fashioned great service.
- We’re family owned and operated. In our books, you’re a name, not a number.
- Guaranteed workmanship. Our certified journeyperson electricians know how to do it right the first time.
- We clean up our work area when we’re done.
You simply won’t find better electrical services anywhere!
Quality Workmanship Guarantee
We back all of our repairs and installations with this promise to you: if the system doesn’t work as designed, we will repair or replace it for free. Learn all about our guarantee >
What we can’t guarantee are exact savings levels. This is because electricity rates fluctuate. We can, however, calculate the percentage of savings which you can expect.
A Family Affair
Sun Solar & Electrical is a family owned and operated business, which began as a conversation around a campfire.
Father and son Bernie and Ryan Wandler own a successful plumbing and heating company, Knight Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning. In the summer of 2015, they were enjoying a camping trip with cousin Evan Hinger, an electrician. The conversation turned to the environment, and Evan noted that so many of the things we can do for the environment also save a lot of money at the same time.
Bernie wanted to save on electricity costs for the Knight building, and Evan told them that converting to LEDs could make that happen. If they installed solar panels, they would reduce costs even more.
They all realized that together, they could help all kinds of businesses and homeowners enjoy significant savings – and a partnership was born.
Key Team Members
Marcel Douville – Master Electrician
Certified Master Electrician with over ten years of experience, offering a variety of services for your home or business. “No project to big or small from residential renovations to new construction”.
Bernie & Ryan Wandler
The father and son team behind Knight Plumbing, Heating, and AC, the Wandlers provide their tradition of customer service excellence and business efficiency. This means you get tried and true service and the best possible value. As certified plumbers themselves, they have decades of collective experience in helping customers all over Calgary.
Learn About Our Services